ARDEX Americas, Mansfield, Texas
ARDEX (www.ardexamericas.com) and W.W. Henry (www.wwhenry.com) ,are global leaders in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-performance specialty cements, adhesives and building products for substrate preparation, floor covering installations, wall finishing and exterior concrete repair for commercial and residential applications. We are currently looking to fill the position of Shipping/Receiving in our Mansfield Texas Facility.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operations within the Plant and within the Shipping and Receiving department. Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Cost of Operations are key responsibilities for the Shipper/Receiver.
· Maintain the highest level of safety awareness for yourself, visitors, drivers, and the crew.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work environment throughout the plant using a variety of tools, including: 5S, audits, frequent inspections, and end-of-shift cleanup.
- Active involvement in managing the Finished Goods warehouse – includes: cleanliness, orderliness, stock rotation, and accuracy of the IBT inventory versus SAP.
· Ensure all raw materials received are sampled and/or inspected as appropriate to ensure they meet or exceed expectations and printing the appropriate tag on each pallet.
· Ensure the material shipped meets or exceeds all quality expectations as defined by our procedures.
- Ensure FIFO is practiced with raw materials and finished goods, coordinate/combine older partial pallets with newer ones.
· Work to optimize plant processes to reduce cost and eliminate waste.
· Day-to-day coordination and/or performance of shipping and receiving activity.
- Set up shipments and deliveries as required for orders and receipts. Provide trucks with proper shipping papers, placards and any other necessary information.
- Interfaces with customers, Customer Order Service Dept. and carriers on the status of orders. Inform the Customer Order Service Dept. of any potential problems with shipments and research problems as requested by the service representatives and carriers.
· Comply with all plant policies and procedures and enforce compliance.
· All other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Demonstrates good mechanical or hands-on skills
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time, occasionally kneeling and bending
- Dependability, accountability, adaptability, detail-oriented, and responsiveness are essential
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and rotating shifts as needed
- Self starter and ability to work in a fast paced plant environment and in various temperatures
- Must possess an excellent work ethic, including good attendance
- Must be customer focused
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written with management, maintenance and other employees
- Must be able to work as a team on process improvement issues focusing on safety, quality and productivity
- Must be able to give and follow directions clearly
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Commensurate with experience
Please apply online, walk in applications will not be accepted.
Back to Careers